Catapult Labs 2012: this May in San Francisco!
How can we use design to positively impact society?
That’s the question we’ll answer at Catapult Labs this Saturday, May 19th in San Francisco. Over the years we’ve assembled a compelling network of designers, technologists, and entrepreneurs using design tools and methods to drive positive social change. We’ve selected NINE of them to lead 90-minute hands-on labs covering topics such as:
- Game mechanics and behavioral change
- Creating and sustaining a movement
- Integrating impact evaluation into the design process
- Visualizing data to communicate your message
Our esteemed Lab Leaders are joining us from Google, Autodesk, Stamen Design, See Change, MooreDesign, Gargani + Co., and Designers Accord and includes:
- Valerie Casey, founder of the Designers Accord movement and TIME Magazine’s “Hero of the Environment”
- Nadya Direkova, Senior UX Designer at Google and prominent speaker on game mechanics for web applications
- Dawn Danby, Senior Sustainable Design Program Manager at Autodesk and one of Fast Company’s “100 Most Creative People in Business”
In addition to learning, Catapult Labs will allow you to engage with other professionals and students interested in social impact as well as three amazing social ventures in search of design assistance who will be pitching the audience on their missions.
We have only 125 seats at Catapult Labs — buy your ticket today and reserve your spot!
Thank You to our event sponsors:
Autodesk, California College of the Arts, American Society of Mechanical Engineers, Bay Area Green Printing, Speck Design, and TechShop