Location: US, GA or NY
Catapult Design is an award winning, independent, global, non-profit design agency. We strive to improve the quality of life of underserved populations through innovative and accessible design. With a network of passionate, resourceful and inquisitive Design Strategists, Designers and Client Managers, we work hard to ensure that people and the environment are central to our design process. This makes all the difference.
The Senior Designer will report to the Creative Director
Catapult Design is seeking a full-time Senior Designer to participate in and sometimes lead on creative affairs at Catapult Design, including without limitation strategy, visual design, product design, service design, human-centered design, innovation for business development. Management of projects and consultants, and contribution to and leadership on Catapult’s lively, passionate, resourceful, and inquisitive culture. The ideal candidate is passionate about growing and nurturing creative teams and can advance our design practice by leveraging visual design and communication. Experience from conceptualization through to implementation is required.
The candidate will be responsible for bringing design solutions to life that adhere to marketing strategies and business goals. This position calls for a candidate with creative intuition, great storytelling, and a passion for social impact design. The chosen candidate will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects in global health, inclusion, environment, and entrepreneurship. They will ultimately help to shape social impact design globally
The Senior Designer will contribute to Catapult Design’s reputation for innovative ideas and award winning design and will help to facilitate teamwork in order to continue Catapult Design’s vision and caliber of design. The ideal candidate will communicate concepts visually and verbally and also be a positive addition to the stimulating culture of Catapult Design which has been built with people who are passionate, inquisitive and resourceful.
Only candidates with 5+ years of product and/or service design experience with a portfolio need to apply.
- Ability to develop Catapult Design owned concepts which can both have local impact and potential for scale.
- A visual and verbal storyteller, delivering insights about people and behavior in a way that generates empathy, emotion, and engagement.
- Communicate, promote and demonstrate a human-centered design process.
- Displays ownership of projects from start to finish ensuring creative excellence.
- Excellent communication and visual design skills.Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team and engage with different stakeholders to create design artifacts that simplify complex ecosystems.
- Develop service and systems design strategies for clients in global health, inclusion, environment and entrepreneurship.
- Plan and manage the design research activities collaboratively with the Catapult Design team.
- Effectively communicate and present your design concepts to different stakeholders including clients with thoughtfulness and confidence.
- Participate in workshops that enable your teams and stakeholders to build clarity and alignment, which includes design culture of critiques, testing, research and education.
- Be willing to give feedback and work with interns and fellows in the design process.
- Continue professional development through developing a detailed understanding of social impact best practices and design processes.
- Attend kick-off meetings, design presentations, internal design reviews as needed (Travel will be required often around the U.S, Africa and Asia – pending COVID restrictions).
- Knowledge of business strategy, the Sustainable Development Goals, technologies for development, manufacturing and design innovations for development.
- Contribute and sometimes lead on business development pitches and other activities.
Please contact email@example.com with CV, cover letter and portfolio link.