Who we are
Catapult Design is an award-winning, independent, global, non-profit design agency. We strive to improve the quality of life of underserved populations through innovative and accessible design. With a network of passionate, resourceful, and inquisitive design strategists, designers, and client managers, we work hard to ensure that people and the environment are central to our design process.
The following values express the importance we place on our employees and our work, and they are integral to our hiring practices, performance reviews, and promotions.
- Humility: We prioritize community needs and put in the work to identify and understand them.
- Collaboration: We collaborate with experts, end-users, funders, and implementers to develop solutions capable of change.
- Integrity: We are not afraid to provide constructive feedback and to be transparent and informative with the process in order to arrive at a better solution while ensuring a great customer experience.
- Initiative: We seek out entrepreneurial team members who have demonstrated an ability to pursue their passion. The challenges we are tasked with typically have not been solved in decades – our team members go the extra mile to initiate and own activities because they’re motivated to solve them.
- Discipline: We don’t apply band-aids to wounds that require stitches. We make the conscious effort to impose a meaningful order to our activity in order to produce our intended result.
The Graphic Designer will contribute to Catapult Design’s reputation for innovative ideas and award winning design and will help facilitate teamwork in order to continue Catapult Design’s vision and caliber of design. As a Graphic Designer, you’re comfortable creating experiences across a wide range of mediums, including but not limited to digital, interaction, brand, and presentation design. The ideal candidate will communicate concepts visually and verbally and will also be a positive addition to the stimulating culture of Catapult Design which has been built with people who are passionate, inquisitive, and resourceful.
Only candidates with 4+ years of design experience with a portfolio will be considered.
LocationUS: NYC-based, with ability to work remotely on occasion
ReportingThe Graphic Designer will report to the Senior Designer.
We are seeking a full or part-time Graphic Designer with a rich background in Visual Design, Communication Design, and UI to join our team. The ideal candidate should excel at typography and layouts, and also have a high understanding of hierarchy, balance, and design best practices. They must also be an effective communicator and collaborator, working across various teams to design projects for socially and environmentally driven clients around the world. The chosen candidate will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects in global health, education, climate, and entrepreneurship. They will ultimately help shape social impact design globally.
The salary range for this position is $65,000 to $70,000 USD per year for a full-time position. In addition to an annual base salary, full-time employment includes the following benefits:
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Medical, dental, and vision group plans
- 401K with employer match
- Paid time off for holidays, vacation, sick days, Summer Fridays, and training days
- Support the design team in conceptualizing, designing, producing, and creating data visualizations that tell a story, are clear and easy to understand, and engage target stakeholders.
- Work seamlessly with people from diverse backgrounds to tackle complex challenges.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to enhance the brand story for both internal and external audiences.
- Turn data, concepts, and research into compelling materials through presentations and other assets while adhering to brand guidelines.
- Create visually appropriate assets and content in support of Catapult Design’s communication and business strategies.
- Collaborate with the creative and management teams to best support communication and fundraising goals.
- Design custom graphics, illustrations, and diagrams, as well as possess the ability to find and apply appropriate stock imagery, illustration, and design elements to complement presentation content.
- Energize projects by stimulating innovative and resourceful design and teamwork.
- Take ownership and ensure creative excellence of graphic design projects from start to finish.
- Generate multi-disciplinary visual assets (research tools, decks, research proxies, etc.) to support design research, idea visualization, and concept development.
- Demonstrate understanding of the human-centered design processes.
- Participate in design research activities (workshops, interviews) and the research synthesis process to help build a cohesive visual language and narrative that aligns with project needs and engages target audiences.
Please contact email@example.com with your CV, cover letter, and portfolio link.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Catapult Design. Pursuant to applicable law, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.