The above questions highlight some of the challenges we help our clients solve. Our design work focuses on exploring, prototyping, and equipping our clients to scale great products and services that drive social change. We provide a full-spectrum of design offerings: to ideate creative solutions to a given social challenge; to transform an idea from concept to a scalable product or service; and to help navigate the pathways to bring your product or service to market.
Our design point-of-view is shaped by what we have learned while designing products and services for low income and underserved customers. We emphasize:
- utilizing observation methods and tools that provide us with better insights about how the products and services we design will be used in the daily lives of our customers
- ensuring that the products and services we design exist within a sustainable business model that utilizes input materials and manufacturers, distributors, and other local market actors
- leveraging our knowledge and experience working with low income and underserved customers to design culturally-appropriate products and services
Learn more about our market-based and people-centered design process.
- + Ethnographic and contextual research
- + System mapping of market ecosystems
- + Technology assessments and reviews
- + Concept ideation, development, and sketching
- + Rapid and full prototyping with analysis including 3D printing & CAD modeling
- + In-field product performance, environmental, and end user testing
- + Co-creation and co-design processes and workshops
- + Pilot test design, implementation, and analysis
- + Product business model strategy (manufacturing, distribution, and marketing strategies)
- + Technical design specifications and documentation (Design for Manufacturing)
- + Facilitating interaction with manufacturers and distributors
- + Development of marketing and promotional materials
If you have any questions about our design services, are interested in partnering with us, or want to get involved, please reach out.